Macro Economic Notes and Essays
- Balance of Payments
- Economic Growth
- Fiscal Policy
- Government borrowing
- Exchange Rates
- European Union
- The Euro
- Monetary Policy
- International Trade
- Supply Side Policies
- Essays on Recessions
- Essays on Credit Crunch
Macro Economic Essays
View: Economists tool kit - general tips on answering macro economic questions.
- Discuss whether the primary macro economic target of the govt should be low inflation?
"The govt has given the MPC an inflation target of CPI 2.% +/-1. Therefore Monetary policy will be designed in order to achieve this goal..."
- Factors that might initiate and sustain a period of persistent inflation.
"Inflation occurs when there is a continuous increase in the general price level as measured by the RPIX. There are various explanations for this.."
- What determines Natural Rate of Unemployement
"The natural or (equilibrium) level of unemployment is determined by calculating the level of unemployment when the labour market is in equilibrium."
- What Changes the Natural Rate of Unemployment
"The Natural rate is mainly composed of frictional and structural unemployment therefore factors that affect these types of unemployment will alter the natural rate."
- Should Government Seek to Increase the rate of Economic Growth?
Arguments for and against increasing the rate of economic growth
- Government Intervention in the Macro Economy
Essays on Inequality
- Minimum Wage in UK
- Distribution of Income in UK
- Policies to Reduce inequality
- Causes of Poverty
- Tax System in UK