Macro Economic Essays
These are a collection of essays written for my economic blogs. Although some may no longer upto date (e.g. exchange rate changes). They still express basic economic principles
Exchange Rate Essays
- Effects of a falling Dollar
- Why Dollar keeps falling
- Discuss Policies to Stop the Dollar Falling
- Does Devaluation Cause Inflation?
- Benefits and Costs of Falling Dollar
- Reasons for Falling Dollar
- The Dollar as the World's Reserve Currency
Economic Growth Essays
- Evaluate Benefits of Economic Growth
- Essays on Recessions
- Causes of Recessions
- Problems of Recovering from a Recession
- What can Increase Long Run Economic Growth?
- Discuss Effect of a fall in the Savings Ratio
- Dealing with Economic Crisis
- Discuss the Difficulties of Controlling Inflation
- Should the Aim of the Government be to Attain Low Inflation?
- Explain What Can Cause a Sustained Increase in the Rate of Inflation
- Reasons for Low inflation in the UK
- Inflation Explained
- Difficulties of Inflation targetting
- Explain what is meant by Natural Rate of Unemployment?
- Should the Main Macro Economic Aim of the Government be Full Employment?
- The True Level of Unemployment in the UK
- What explains low inflation and low unemployment in the UK?
Demand Side Policies
- Discuss effect of Expansionary demand side policies on Balance of Payments and Environment
- Effects of a Falling Stock Market
- How do Mortgage Defaults affect and Economy?
- Discuss effect of Increased Government spending on eduction
- Phillips Curve - Trade off between inflation and Unemployment
- Why Growth may not benefit developing countries
- Does Aid Increase Economic Welfare?
- Problems of Free Trade for Developing Economies
- Explain Reasons for UK Current Account Deficit
- Benefits of Globalisation for Developing and Developed Countries
- Discuss Effects of an Increase in Interest Rates
- How MPC set Interest Rates
- Benefits of High Interest Rates (and recessions)
- Who Sets interest rates - Markets or Bank of England?
- Economics of the 1920s
- What Caused Wall Street Crash of 1929
- UK economy under Mrs Thatcher
- Lawson Boom of the 1980s
- UK recession of 1991
General Economic Essays
- The Dismal Science
- Difference Between Economists and Non Economists
- War and Recessions
- The Economics of Fear
- The Economic of Happiness
- Can UK and US avoid Recession?
- 3 Of the Worst Economic Policies
- Overvalued Housing Markets
- Chinese Economy
- Problems of Chinese Economic Growth
- Should We worry About A Strong China
- Chinese Growth and Costs of Growth
- Chinese Interest Rates and Economic Growth
For Model answers focused on A Level exams see: Shop
- Top 10 Reasons For Studying Economics
- Inflation explained by Victor Borge
- Funny Exam Answers
- Humorous look at Subprime crisis