I have used many different economics textbooks, but my preferred textbook has always been Economic by J.Sloman
The benefits of Sloman for A Level Economics are:
- Comprehensive coverage of material. Good for the student who wants a little more detail.
- Broken down into manageable sections. I think this is the most important criteria, unless the text is broken down into useful sections, I find students won’t read it.
- Key terms explained in glossary.
- Good use of Real Life examples to make Economics Relevant. This is important for an applied subject and helps to make the material more interesting.
The only drawback of Sloman are
- It is quite expensive at £42.99
- Some sections are not required for A Level economics, it is important you don’t start worrying about the Keynesian consumption function. However, on the other hand, it is an excellent book to help first year Economics.
Economics by Sloman at Amazon.co.uk Buy Now!
Economics by Sloman at Amazon.com Buy Now!