Some factors that determine the quality of our environment
- Depletion of Renewable Resources. E.g. disappearance of rain-forests
- Depletion of Non-renewable resources
- Sustainable population levels.
- Waste production. How much waste is buried, dumped at sea and burnt.
- Persistent toxic waste. Some waste is bio-degradeable others are non-degradeable and damaging e.g. mercury, lead e.t.c
- Air pollution – smog, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, sulphur oxide
- CFCs – Chloro Fluro Carbon emissions.
- Global temperatures.
- Species diversity. Loss of species may prevent discovery of life saving drugs.