A billion means: 1,000 million = 1,000,000,000.
- In dollars, a billion Pounds is the equivalent of $1,350,000,000
- In Euros, a billion pounds is currently: €1,120,000,000
Examples of billion
- In August 2017, UK public sector net debt was £1,773 billion equivalent to 88% of UK GDP
- In 2015/16 the UK government is forecast to spend a total of £753 billion
- Total Unemployment benefits are £4.9 bn
- Pension spending is £105 bn
- Health care spending is £147bn
- 1 billion seconds is about 32 years
Weight of one billion pounds in Pound coins
- A pound coin weighs 9.5g or 0.0095kg
- One billion Pound coins would weigh 9,500,000 kg or 9500 metric tonnes.
- A car, such as Volkswagon golf weighs 1,376kg.
- So one billion pounds in Pound coins would weigh the equivalent of 6,904 cars.
Old British billion
In the UK, a billion used to mean 1 million, million or 1,000,000,000,000. However, this is no longer used in modern finance. The UK government stopped using the old British billion in 1974.
- A trillion is 1,000,000,000,000; one million million; 1012 (current use in British and American English)
- A google. is 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. or 10100
- The biggest British Pound note is the £50.
- A billion Pounds is 20 million £50 notes.
This Yugoslav currency is 500 billion Dinars – 500,000,000,000. It was not worth much because of hyperinflation.
1 thought on “How much is a Billion Pounds?”
How to Collect this money in this economics