A selection of graphs and statistics on unemployment. Also links to further reading on causes and solutions to unemployment.
Current UK Unemployment rate
- 7.8 % of the economically active population, 0.5 % points less than a year earlier.
- There were 2.52 million unemployed people 128,000 lower than a year ago. (page updated March 19, 2013)
Recent Unemployment Trends
UK Unemployment Since 1980
- See: Monthly Labour Market Statistics (Past Editions) Unemployment A02
UK Employment Rate
- 71.5 %. There were 29.73 million people in employment aged 16 and over.
- 22.3% per cent inactivity rate for those aged from 16 to 64. 8.95 million economically inactive people aged from 16 to 64