Current UK Inflation Rate
- CPI inflation rate: 1.7% (headline rate)
- CPIH grew by 1.6% in the year to Feb 2014
- (page updated April 3rd, 2014)
- The largest contributions to the fall in the rate came from the transport (notably motor fuels) and education (tuition fees) sectors.
- Raw data inflation time series | CPI annual % change at ONS
CPI and CPIH
CPIH is a new experimental index from the ONS. It is based on CPI, plus it includes housing costs, such as mortgage interest payments. Owner occupiers cost (OOH) account for 12% of the CPIH weighting. Mortgage interest payments are the biggest part of OOH. Mortgage interest payments average 10% of household expenditure.