Current UK Inflation Rate
- CPI inflation rate: 2.2% (headline rate)
- CPIH grew by 2.0% in the year to October 2013 (CPIH includes household costs, such as mortgage payments)
- RPIJ grew by 1.9%, down from 2.5%
- Inflation is a measure of the annual % change in the cost of living. (page updated Nov 23, 2013)
- The largest contributions to the fall in the rate came from the transport (notably motor fuels) and education (tuition fees) sectors.
- Raw data inflation time series | CPI annual % change at ONS
CPI and CPIH
CPIH is a new experimental index from the ONS. It is based on CPI, plus it includes housing costs, such as mortgage interest payments. Owner occupiers cost (OOH) account for 12% of the CPIH weighting. Mortgage interest payments are the biggest part of OOH. Mortgage interest payments average 10% of household expenditure.